This summer my family and I are taking some small camping trips around Texas. We recently purchased a camper trailer and are anxious to see parts of Texas that we have never been to before. We are creatures of habit however and have to gone to some of the same swimming holes for years and years. Texas is HUGE and there are so many places that we haven’t been. We are going to hook up our bikes to the back and go exploring. I am so excited to experience traveling with my family. I would love to take our kids to as many states as we possibly can before they graduate from high school.
While we are out in the trailer we plan to eat just as good as we do at home. I’ve been collecting easy campfire recipes and many short cuts to some of our family favorites. We have a fridge, oven, and small microwave in our trailer. I’ll have to admit I’m not sure how much we are going to be roughing it while camping with all these amenities. It’s the only way this girl is going to make it out in the wilderness I’m afraid!!
Pepper Crostini with Whipped Feta is a perfect example of an easy appetizer for us to enjoy while we wait for our dinner to come off the grill while camping or at home. You can easily make the Crostini and whipped feta at home a few days before serving. The Roasted Red Peppers and Mild Pepper Rings are jarred to perfection so they will also be ready whenever you are to make this appetizer. Mezzetta Peppers are always my favorite jarred peppers to use. It’s always great quality, flavorful, and fresh.
- ¼ cup Mezzetta Roasted Red Bell Peppers, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup Mezzetta Mild Pepper Rings
- 1 garlic clove peeled and cut in half
- 1 baguette, sliced into small rounds
- 6 oz crumbled feta
- 2 oz cream cheese
- ⅓ cup olive oil, a little more for brushing
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes for garnish
- Heat oven to 325 F.
- Brush a little bit of your olive oil over both sides of your crostini. Cook in oven until lightly toasted. About 10-15 minutes.
- With your garlic half rub your still warm crostini on each side. Set aside and let cool.
- While your crostini is cooling you can make your whipped feta.
- In a food processor blend your feta and cream cheese until combined. Add your olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper and pulse until smooth.
- Spread your whipped feta onto each crostini.
- Top with sliced Roasted Red Bell Peppers and Mild Pepper Rings.
- Top pepper crostini with parsley flakes and serve.
Not only am I sure to #bringtheheat with this yummy recipe with you today, but I’m also sharing with you about the Mezzetta Summer Survival Kit Giveaway. You can win the prizes below by going to the Mezzetta website.
You will have a chance to win three different times! Each month #mezzetta will be hosting one summer themed giveaway on their website. You will be able to enter once a day for a chance to win!
You will also be able to download a coupon to save $5.00 when you spend $25.00 on any Dixie® Plates, Dixie Ultra® Plates and Bowls, Vanity Fair® Everyday Design Collection, Mezzetta® Peppers and Olives, Banana Boat® sun care product 3 oz. or larger (excludes lip balm & trial sizes) and Wet Ones® Wipes.
Good Luck with winning these great prizes!