How is everyone doing today? If your lives weren’t sweet enough to begin with today then it’s about to get a little bit sweeter with this delicious Honey dressing! Oh how I love honey! Ever since I was a little girl I have loved putting honey in my tea, topping my cereal, or spreading some on one of my dads homemade buttermilk biscuits. It just makes everything that much better.
If you have been following Gloriously Made for long you know that I LOVE putting fruit in my salads. There is something about the combination that I just adore. Yum! This Spinach salad also has crumbled blue cheese on top which off sets the sweet fruit and dressing…. delish!
I know I have mentioned before that my husband is the kind of man that MUST have meat with his meals. It’s not a meal unless it has meat!! I must admit that I am a little bit that way too. Not as bad though. 😉 Anyway, so I served this salad the other night and I cubed up some turkey and also threw it on top. You could also add bacon, chicken, ham… whatever you have in the fridge. I also had some of the dressing leftover and used it to marinate some chicken the following night. Super Yumo!
- I (6oz) package of baby spinach
- 1 cup quartered strawberries
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese
- ¼ cup candied pecans
- ⅓ cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp honey
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ⅔ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Combine the spinach, strawberries, red onion, and blueberries and set aside.
- To make the dressing whisk together the vinegar, honey, salt, pepper, and olive oil.
- Top spinach salad with blue cheese crumbles and candied pecans.
- Drizzle the Honey dressing on top.
Below are other salads that I’ve made and shared in the past. I’m a salad lovin girl!! Y’all have a great weekend!