Yummy goodness period!! I love a roll with my dinner. I always have. A meal just isn’t complete. Now, do we always get fresh homemade rolls at our dinner table on a week night? No, unfortunately we don’t, but it’s probably a good thing because I would eat half the basket! Maybe on the weekends if we aren’t super busy. But definitely not during the week!
Jalapeno Cheddar Popovers are made with ingredients that are at room temperature. When I cook I make what we are in the mood for that day and a lot of times I whip meals up last minute. When making these popovers you will have to plan a little bit ahead of time to make sure that your milk and eggs reach room temp before blending. I let mine sit on the counter for roughly 30-45 minutes before mixing everything together. Once you blend the ingredients together in the blender you will then need to wait an additional 30 minutes before baking. So now you see, you will need to start these about an hour and a half or so before dinner!! Jalapeno Cheddar Popovers though are really worth the time needed to make them.
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup milk, at room temperature
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbsp minced jalapeno pepper, seeded
- In a blender process eggs, flour, milk, butter, and salt and well blended and smooth. Stir in the cheese and jalapenos.
- Let the batter stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Grease a 12 muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Preheat the over at 450 degrees.
- Once your oven is heated place the muffin tin in the oven for roughly 2 minutes.
- Divide your batter up into the muffin tins filling each about half way.
- Bake popover for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 375 and continue to cook for 8 minutes or until golden brown and puffed.