There are a lot of different ways to make pimiento cheese. To the basic pimiento cheese mix you can add pecans, jalapeno’s, cream cheese, chili powder, cumin, bourbon, parsley, pepperoncini peppers…. the list can go on and on. There are also quite a few ways to serve pimento cheese as well. I have seen it in deviled eggs, spanish olives, grilled, and the most interesting to me is on pizza. That one I have not tried, but am very curious to what it tastes like…
I however, love my pimento cheese in a sandwich or on crackers. It makes the perfect snack or lunch for us. The recipe I’m sharing with you today has a little bit of a kick to it which my husband LOVES! He likes everything to be on the spicy side. I added a tsp of Tabasco hot sauce. You could add a little more or less depending on how you like it. I also like the flavor of Tabasco so we both win in this situation! How do you like your pimiento cheese? Do you like yours with a little bit of a kick to it?
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 (4oz) jars diced pimiento, drained
- ¼ cup green onions, sliced
- 1 Tbsp dry mustard
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp hot sauce; more if you like it spicy
- ¾ tsp celery seeds
- ¾ tsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 8 oz white sharp cheddar cheese
- 10 oz sharp cheddar cheese
- Combine all ingredients except for the cheese. Mix well.
- Slowly add in the cheese until well combined.
- Garnish with sliced green onions.
- Serve on sourdough bread or crackers