I fell in love with Pear & Blue Cheese salad with a sweet vinaigrette when I was pregnant with our first baby. I will never forget the restaurant I was at, who I was with, and I believe I even remember what I was wearing! I was just beginning to show and was loving all things food! Once I got past that yucky first trimester everything I ate was amazing. I even remember subway sandwiches tasting so good and one time eating a whole foot long! What a food lover and huge dork am I???
Well, ever since then I will often crave this yummy salad and have to throw it together to satisfy those taste buds of mine. I love the taste of a sweet pear with the sharp flavor of the cheese. I always try to get a little bit of everything on my fork. Those walnuts are a little tricky but I try! With this salad I drizzle a homemade sweet vinaigrette on top made with maple syrup and red wine vinegar. Oh my goodness, it’s so good!!
Don’t forget that pears are a lot like apples and turn really quickly. So be sure to cut your pear up last right before serving.
- Mixed greens, about 4 handfuls
- 2 pears, sliced and diced
- blue cheese, crumbled
- walnuts, for sprinkling on top
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- Combine olive oil, red wine vinegar, and maple syrup for your dressing in a container and mix well. Set aside.
- On a plate lay out your mixed greens, pears, blue cheese, and walnuts.
- Drizzle with sweet vinaigrette dressing to your liking.
More delicious salads just in case you missed them:
Have a blessed week everyone!