Oh bacon, how I love thee… Are you a bacon lover too? How do you like your bacon? I love mine extra crispy. I usually eat mine on the side of an over easy egg with something sweet like a buttermilk pancake or cinnamon roll. The perfect breakfast! Or on a club sandwich…. MMMM….
Today I’m not eating my extra crispy bacon for breakfast. I’m eating it for lunch! And not only is my bacon on my spinach salad, but it is also in the dressing! Gasp!! I KNOW!! Don’t be a Hot bacon dressing hater until you have tried this. It’s warm, spicy, and goes well with a spinach salad. Yuumy! Have you ever dried a dressing like this before? What did you think?
I know that I’ve told you before that we like spicy food at our house. And we do, but not too spicy. The dressing and pecans have Tabasco sauce on them, but don’t let that scare you off. They do have a kick to them, but it’s not too spicy. It adds more flavor to your salad than anything. You’ll love it I promise!
- 12-15 oz of halved pecans
- 2 Tablespoons Canola Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Tabasco Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Combine Canola oil and Tabasco sauce in a bowl.
- Pour pecans in with the oil and sauce and stir to evenly coat the pecans.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 10-15 minutes or until toasted.
- Sprinkle with salt and Parmesan and let cool.
- 8 slices of bacon
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 8 cups of spinach
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup of toasted hot pecans
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fry bacon on the stove top until you reach how you like your bacon. We like ours extra crispy!
- Remove cooked bacon and set aside. Pour the remaining bacon fat away keeping only 2-3 Tablespoons.
- Pour the 2-3 tablespoons of fat, 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce, and water into a dressing container. Shake well.
- In a large bowl add spinach, cranberries, toasted hot pecans, Parmesan and feta cheese.
- Pour your hot bacon dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
I hope that you are each doing well and that you have a great remainder to your week.