It’s been a great start to our first week back at school. I had forgotten what it was like for the house to be quiet. I can actually complete thoughts in my head! During the break I didn’t get a chance to try many new recipes or play around in my kitchen. Yesterday I finally got the chance to whip up some new dishes and can’t wait to share them with you.
One of them is this delicious Feta & Apple Salad. It has a yummy vinaigrette drizzled on top that will make you want to go back for seconds…ahem someone I know went back for seconds….
I LOVE putting fruit in my salads!! Do you? What is your favorite? I love to add pears or apples. It so good to have a sweet fruit paired with bitter lettuce or the tartness of your dressing. In this Feta & Apple salad the sharp cheeses and sweet apples and cranberries go so well together! I served this salad along side a warm bowl of Tortellini soup (recipe to come in a few days). Perfection!
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 1 Granny Smith apple peeled, cored, and cut into cubes
- 3 Tablespoons dried cranberries
- 3 Tablespoons raisins
- 4 ounces sharp white cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup walnuts
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp garlic salt
- For your salad dressing combine the olive oil, vinegar, pepper, onion powder, & garlic salt in a sealed container. Close the container and shake well to combine. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a large bowl place your mixed greens, apple, cranberries, raisins,cheeses, and walnuts.
- Toss salad and pour dressing on top!