When we have friends and family around during the holiday I enjoy putting out snacks for everyone to munch on while we visit. These Cinnamon & Sugar Nuts are always a hit and also make an excellent gift. They are really addicting so if you aren’t giving them away to someone else you might want to be careful how many you make. 😉 Then again cinnamon & sugar are some favorite staples in our house. I think I mentioned that in my recent post about Cinnamon Twists. We are big fans!
Anther snack that is always a HUGE favorite to have out and will always get eaten are my Seasoned Party Crackers that you can find HERE. I’m not kidding you these along with the Cinnamon & Sugar Nuts and your guests won’t want to leave your house. So Yummy!
A matter of fact I made some of these crackers over Thanksgiving and put some in a plastic container with a lid for the guys to snack on while grilling. Well, my sweet husband forgot them out on the back porch over night and come to find out the racoons really like these crackers as well!! LOL!! I had heard something on the back porch during the night knock over something, but was so tired that I didn’t pay a whole lot of attention to it.The next morning when I opened the back blinds and looked outside I saw that a racoon had bitten a whole through the plastic container to get the crackers out. The lid was still on, but there weren’t any more crackers. We had some sad folks in our house….ahem… I won’t say who. 😉
- 1 large egg white
- 3 cups pecans & almonds
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- ⅓ cup sugar (about a ¼ cup more for sprinkling)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ¼ tsp salt
- Whisk you egg white and set aside.
- Combine your cinnamon, sugar, vanilla, and salt.
- Pour 3 cups of nuts into a large bowl.
- Pour your egg whites on top of your nuts and stir around until all nuts are coated.
- Pour your cinnamon & sugar mixture onto you nuts and get all of them well coated with a spoon.
- Place onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Lightly sprinkle nuts on the cookie sheet with some sugar.
- Bake at 300 F for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and stir.
- Place back on cookie sheet, sprinkle with more sugar, and cook for another 20 minutes if needed.
- Be sure to let the nuts cool completely before placing into a sealed container.
Do you have a favorite snack at your house around the holidays? Please share!! I’d love a new delicious treat! 🙂
Have a great week everyone!