CINNAMON!! We love cinnamon in our house. I think we eat cinnamon rolls at least once a week. It’s my son Joey’s favorite breakfast and sometimes its all I can get him to eat in the mornings. The rest of us find ourselves getting tired of them sometimes so it’s fun to come up with something new every once in a while that is close to cinnamon rolls that he’ll eat. I made these Cinnamon Twists for him and he loved them, but told me they would be even better if we drizzled cream cheese icing on top or had some to dip in…. Well of Course!! So I’m going to take his advice and making a dipping sauce next time I make these. In my opinion they are Per-Fect without anything more. The flaky crescent dough sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar is just right with me while I drink my coffee in the mornings. I hope that you love these simple Cinnamon Twists and get a chance to make them soon. They are super easy.
- 1 can of 8oz crescent rolls
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 Tablespoons of melted butter
- Melt butter and set aside.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
- Open your crescent roll can and divide the dough up into four rectangles.
- Brush 2 of the rectangles with butter.
- On the two buttered rectangles sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar mix leaving about a tablespoon.
- Place the UN-buttered rectangles on top of the buttered ones.
- Cut each rectangle into 4 strips.
- Twist individual strips.
- Brush the remaining butter onto the tops of the twists.
- Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon and sugar mix on top of the buttered twists.
- Bake at 375 F for 9-12 minutes.
Just in case you missed my latest posts here are a few. Have a blessed day today! Deanna