For those of you that have been following along with me for the past few months know that I really like to make dishes with frozen tortellini or ravioli. I mean who wouldn’t love this frozen piece of heaven! They go with a lot of different sauces, make excellent side dishes, and as I discovered make yummy salads as well! I love making dishes that are delicious and easy. My Grilled Veggies and Tortellini Salad is one of those type dishes. I used frozen four cheese tortellini and already made dressing for this salad. Cutting up the peppers and zucchini and throwing them on the grill was the most time consuming part and really that’s pretty easy too. Tortellini goes with so many different types of sauces and vegetables. You can make this salad with any of the veggies that are freshest in your super market. I used peppers and zucchini but you could put tomatoes, squash, beans, eggplant, peas… the possibilities are endless.
- 3 medium zucchini, cut in half length wise
- 1 (8oz) package sweet mini bell peppers, trimmed and seeded
- 1 package frozen tortellini (I used ricotta & spinach for this recipe)
- 1/2 cup Lemon and Chives salad dressing (I used Annie's)
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- Grill veggies at about 350-400 degrees on the grill. We like to toss our veggies in olive oil and salt and pepper them before throwing them on the grill. Grilling the veggies doesn't take very long, 5-10 minutes, so don't go very far.
- Let your veggies rest for about 5 minutes. Then cut up your zucchini in to small bite size pieces. I left my peppers the same but you could also chop them up if you wanted too.
- Cook tortellini according to package instructions.
- Toss your cooked tortellini and grilled veggies with your basil leaves and lemon & chive dressing.
- Serve warm or at room temp.
Here are two more recipes where I used tortellini and ravioli to make a yummy meal.