I can’t believe that my boys are now in school. All the waiting is over and they have officially started! I’m not too sure what they think about it though. My five year old has been excited the past couple of days, but today was a little hard. It’s Wednesday and he is tired. I get it! Mama is tired too. Our three yr old on the other hand has not been excited all week. Poor guy has cried everyday and it has just broken my heart each time. Even though you know it’s the best thing for your child your heart aches every time that little lip comes out and you have to just walk away. It’s not just our little guys though. You should hear all the crying as you walk out of that room!! I think it’s contagious for the kids. None are crying and then most are crying. My heart goes out to the teachers in the room. I just can’t imagine!!
Now that they boys are in school I was thinking that I was going to have all the time in the world to write, clean, run errands etc. But good Lord the time FLIES by and before I know it I am back in the car going to pick them up. I have to put myself on a schedule to finish certain projects or I will do a bunch of little things and jump around and not get one of them done. One thing that I have been getting done is cooking up some tasty recipes!! Looks like I will need to be frequenting the gym again…. It’s good that I start doing that again though anyway. 🙂 Ravioli with Tomato Basil Cream Sauce sounds really complicated and super fancy doesn’t it?!?!? Don’t tell anyone but it’s really delicious and super easy to make. The secret is to use refrigerated ravioli and jarred Alfredo sauce!! Chop up some fresh tomatoes (You could also used canned if you want to cheat a bit more…) and fresh basil. Top with some grated Parmesan and your family will think you slaved the day away, but you didn’t… it will only take about 15 minutes. 😉
- 1 (13 or 20oz) package refrigerated ravioli (used Ricotta & Spinach)
- 1 (16oz) jar sun-dried tomato Alfredo Sauce
- 2 medium-size fresh tomatoes, chopped (or canned)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Garnish with chopped tomatoes and basil strips
- Prepare ravioli according to the packages instructions.
- While the ravioli is cooking pour Alfredo sauce, chopped tomatoes, & basil into a sauce pan until heated through. You might need to add a little bit of water to the sauce to thin it out just a bit. Use you own judgement based on how you like your sauce.
- Toss with ravioli and garnish with cheese, tomatoes, & basil.