Hi friends! I sincerely hope that everyone is doing well and having a good week so far. My little boys and I just got back from a quick trip to Austin to see friends for a couple of days. We really miss our friendship since the move, but are fortunate enough to only live an hour and a half away from still getting to see them when we can. The start of the school year is just around the corner for us so we are trying to get in as many last minute trips as we can before we go back in 2 1/2 weeks! Yikes, I didn’t realize we were THAT close. I need to start buying school supplies!
Ok, now seriously… look at this picture of this sandwich! I’m not kidding you when I say this, but I will never eat another grilled cheese sandwich again unless it is just like this one! I didn’t have this recipe planned to share with you today, but had to when I made it, tasted it, and just about died it is so good!! Lunch for me will never be the same!
When making this grilled ham & turkey sandwich I don’t know if it was the bread I chose, the cream cheese, the mixture of kale and apples, the fresh cut meats, or just a combination of all of the above. I made the sandwich for my husband, step kids, and I and we were all loved it. It’s the kind of sandwich you would find at a cute little corner deli that you would go to with your girlfriends for lunch & sweet tea. Matter a fact my husband is on a business trip in North Carolina right now and he had lunch yesterday at a little deli that he said served fancy sandwiches just like the one I had made. Not as “glorious” though of course! 😉
How do you make your grilled cheese? Have you ever had kale, apples, & cream cheese on yours before? If you have a favorite let me know because I would love to give it a try and share about it here.
- 1/3 cup whipped tub-style cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- 1 large apple, cored and sliced thinly
- 8 slices Bakery style bread (I used Asiago Cheese Bread in this recipe)
- 6 oz. provolone cheese
- 6 oz. sliced fully cooked ham
- 6 oz. sliced cooked turkey breast
- Combine the olive oil and vinegar in a bowl.
- Add your thinly sliced apple and kale to the wet mixture and toss to coat.
- Spread cream cheese on a slice of bread and then layer the meat, cheese, apple, and kale. Top with another slice of bread.
- Spread olive oil on the outside pieces of the bread.
- Place sandwiches in a large skillet.
- Cook until cheese melts and the outsides of the sandwiches are golden in color.
Hope that the rest of your week is great and don’t forget to come back here this weekend and check out our Pretty Pintastic Party!