How has your week been so far? Ours has been good, but busy with all the end of year “stuff”. Both of my boys have had end of year parties this week. They both got to see a clown perform for the first time at their parties. It was fun hearing their stories about how he pulled scarves from peoples shirts and made balloons into animals. They were amazed! Our four year old is graduating from pre-k next Tuesday. I can’t believe it. I swear he was born yesterday! I often will look at him from across the room and am amazed at how he has grown. I’m so proud of him and can’t wait for him to start this next journey in school. I think he is ready and will do well.
Our other little man swam for the first time today. He finally let go of the wall and paddled and kicked to me. I am so proud of him! After he figured out he could do it he did it over and over and over again. It was cute, but exhausting for us both! Tonight at dinner my kids have eaten three helpings of everything, they worked up such an appetite! I’m sure this is just the beginning for feeding these hungry boys a ton of food. Ha!
This Saturday is my birthday and we are going to celebrate it plus Memorial Day on a river in west TX called the Frio (really really cold in Spanish). My parents, brother and sister n law, and some of our closest friends will be there to celebrate with us. Every year since I was 6 or so we have been going once every summer to float this river. They river is so cold, crystal clear, and winds in and out of the rolling hills of west TX. It feels great on a hot summer day. We love to rent inner tubes and float down the river with some adult beverages in hand. Not a bad way to spend your birthday that’s for sure!
Now, this dish….oh my goodness this dish! I have been really excited to share this with all of you. It is so good. My mouth is watering while I type! Tortellini with a Parmesan & Pecorino Romano Cheese Sauce drizzled on top! Doesn’t that sound fancy and oh so hard to make? It’s not! That’s what I love about it. It’s so easy yet tastes so good and sounds like you slaved all afternoon. I buy a frozen tortellini which makes this that much easier. Then all you have to worry about is making the cream sauce but it only consists of simmering the cream and broth and then adding already grated cheeses until it melts. Buy a bag of already thrown together Caesar salad and you have yourself a really nice meal!
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 2 packages of refrigerated Tortellini (I used Ricotta & Spinach stuffed)
- 2-3 tablespoons softened butter
- Freshly ground pepper and parsley flakes for garnish
- Pour both your cream and broth into a pot and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Add your cheeses to the cream and broth, stirring constantly, until it forms a smooth cream sauce.
- Cover and remove from heat but keep warm.
- Prepare you tortellini according to package directions.
- When tortellini is finished drain and return to pot. Add the 2-3 tablespoons of butter and stir into the tortellini.
- Pour the warm cream over the tortellini, Grind some fresh pepper and sprinkle some parsley flakes over the top and serve.
Hope you enjoy this dish as much as we did!! Have a blessed and wonderful weekend friends. 🙂