Happy start to your week friends! I hope that everyone had a restful weekend with friends and family. We had big plans this weekend to celebrate Easter with our extended family and some close friends from Austin but our plans quickly changed when our 3 yr old came down with a high fever last Thursday. We initially thought it was your typical virus that just needed to run its course in three days, but by the 4th day he still had a high fever and wasn’t eating or sleeping well. So after calling the Dr on call and mommy instincts kicking in we took him to see a Dr and after running some tests they concluded that he had Mono. Poor little guys isn’t out of the woods yet and we are still battling a fever and body aches. We are hoping that in the next few days he perks up and starts to feel better. Please say prayers for our little guy that he heals quickly. 🙂
As you might remember my mother in law was visiting a week ago and while she was here I wanted to make her a no fail delicious dish. I asked my husband what he thought she would like and he mentioned this yummy Chicken Rigatoni with a Marinara-Alfredo Cream Sauce that the whole family loves. The sautéed chicken in garlic and red peppers ads a delicious kick to this dish. You could ad a little more or less to satisfy your desired amount of heat. 😉 Have you ever had a Marinara-Alfredo sauce before? The blend of sauces is super yummy and highly recommended!
- 2 boneless chicken breasts cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 jar Alfredo sauce
- 1 jar Marinara sauce
- 1 lb Rigatoni noodles
- Grated Parmesan cheese & red pepper flakes for garnish
- First of all you will want to cut your chicken breast into thin strips and set aside.
- Using your olive oil sauté your garlic, red pepper flakes, and pepper for just 2-3 minutes right before your garlic turns brown.
- Add your sliced chicken breasts to the oil, garlic, and peppers and cook over a medium heat until your strips are no longer pink in the middle.
- While your chicken is cooking start cooking your pasta until al dente. (read package instructions for more detail)
- Once your chicken is done add the Alfredo and Marinara sauces and let simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add your cooked pasta to the chicken and sauce and mix together.
- Garnish with Parmesan Cheese and red pepper flakes for garnish.