How was everyone’s weekend? Ours was busy, but productive. My husband helped me finish a shelf that I built for his office. I can’t wait to show you what I’ve made. I’m almost finished decorating that room and need to take pictures so that I can share it with all of you!! Do any of you have a home project that you are working on?
My step children also came to visit us from Austin this weekend. We had such a wonderful time together as a family. Our family is never complete without them here with us so it was so nice for all of us to be together. There are only two girls in our family of six so sweet Savannah and I are always coaxed into playing sports of some kind. It’s quite hilarious really because Savi and I aren’t the sporty kinds of girls, but we always have a blast with our boys. Tonight we divided into teams of three and played a little soccer. At one point I think there were two balls involved in our game, some tackling, and of course balls were getting kicked over the fence. I don’t think I’ve laughed so much in a while though. It was fun!
I think the highlight of our day on Sunday was when my husband, Jack, and I were on the back porch and we start throwing a ball in the air and hitting it to one another. It became quite competitive and we started seeing how long we could keep the ball in the air. Pretty soon all six of us were sitting in a circle throwing the ball around having the best time! It was something that all six of us could play easily, it was free fun, and had us all laughing and having such a great time. These are the memories in a family that will not be forgotten. These are the moments that I will look back on and wish I could do again. Isn’t funny how some of the best times with your family just happen and it’s not something that you would have ever planned for. Who would of thought that we would have such a good time outside throwing an old ball around? What are some of your favorite memories as a family of when you were a child? Or what fun memories are you making with your kids today?
Our family made memories this weekend playing together outside, and we also made memories eating this delicious Slow Cooker Five Spice Pork with Sugar Snap Peas. This sweet and spicy pork was full of flavor and really easy to prepare. Once you have put it all into the slow cooker you are done until dinner. Serve with white or brown rice and garnish with some green onions. We all loved this dish! Even our picky little guys!!
- 1/2 cup Chinese Rice Vinegar or dry sherry
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce, such as Sriracha
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 2 pounds boneless pork shoulder, trimmed of excess fat and cut into 1-inch pieces
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 pound sugar snap peas, trimmed
- Combine the Chinese rice vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, chili sauce, garlic, ginger, five spice powder, and 1/4 cup of water and pour into your slow cooker.
- Season the 1 inch cubes of pork with salt and pepper. Place in skillet and slightly brown on both sides.
- Put the pork in your slow cooker and coat with sauce.
- Cover and cook 4 to 5 hours on high or 6 to 7 hours on low.
- Add the sugar snap peas and cook until peas are crisp-tender, about 10 minutes.