Hi everyone! I hope that everyone is finding themselves doing well this week. It’s spring and it feels great right now in South TX. It hasn’t gotten very hot yet so playing outside is still very doable at anytime during the day. Our neighborhood pool is now open but it is ICE cold! Regardless we had to go and check it out the other day. The cold didn’t seem to bother my boys one bit. They were in the water playing like it was a warm summer day. My husband and I on the other hand couldn’t get into the water above our calves. Lol!
Right now our three year old has an obsession with wearing gloves. Just one, not both of them. He loves his daddies work gloves, mittens, dish washing gloves… any kind and will wear one of them ALL of the time. Its so funny.
Notice his one read glove that he wore to his birthday party! And look he even got a new glove from his best friend!! He loves it by the way!!
We get it off for bath time and that’s about it. His teachers at school are sweet enough to let him wear his one glove to school. Sweet Lord that child is a hoot! He demands the funniest things that I just have to say ok too because it’s just not worth the battle of arguing. For example, the other day I had painted my nails pink for my big trip to New Orleans and he insisted that I paint his too. Well after two days of saying no and two days of begging I finally caved. I know that is a parental sin to cave but I did!! The next day he went to school with pink nails, one glove, and his underwear on back wards. He insists on putting them on backwards because if they are on correctly you can’t see Spiderman when he is on your bottom. Hee hee!! I couldn’t disagree that the front of the underwear are just to boring so oh well. He walked with a bit of a wedge that day but he didn’t care. His teachers are always in for a treat when I drop him off at school.
This week the weather has been perfect for grilling outside. One evening we made some Buffalo Chicken Sliders with a homemade blue cheese dressing. Seriously Yum!! The dressing is rich in taste and has chunks of crumbled blue cheese right in the creamy dressing. I drizzled it on top of the buffalo chicken which sat on a crisp green leaf of lettuce on a soft slider bun.
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- ½ cup blue cheese
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely diced celery
- 1 tablespoon finely diced red onion
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts pounded to even thickness
- ⅓ cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- cooking spray
- 18 slider buns or Parkerhouse-style rolls
- coarsely shredded lettuce
- Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, blue cheese, Worcestershire sauce, celery, onion, salt and pepper. Cover and place in refrigerator.
- Place your chicken breasts in a large resealable bag with the Frank’s Red Hot Sauce. Seal bag and place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Lightly coat foil with cooking spray and place on your grill over medium-high heat. Remove chicken from bag and place on foil. Grill 2-3 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- To serve, place shredded lettuce on bottom of buns, top with chicken and blue cheese sauce.