How is everyone? Last week we suffered from pink eye in our house and now this week we are suffering from low grade fevers and stuffy noses. 🙁 Tis the season right???? Its funny because we will be healthy and well for the longest time and then all of sudden sickness will hit our house and we always have a hard time getting out of the funk.
Yesterday for the first time in my life I lost my voice! It was really weird not being able to talk to those around me. I think that my husband was really enjoying the brief day of silence. 🙂 But, today IT’S BACK!!! Yea! Good luck Honey because I have a lot built up inside me. hee hee
This last weekend we celebrated our little guys birthday. Our Jacob turned the big 3! We had his party at Chick Fil A and I decorated with none other than Mario Brothers. You can see how I decorated at our last Mario birthday party Here.
I made the cupcake toppers with a Mario & Luigi image printed on cardstock and taped to a toothpick and stuck on top of the cupcake. I then found all these great party favors at Party City that I used as center pieces on the table. Chick Fil A was also celebrating 50 years this weekend and had the whole restaurant decorated in balloons and streamers. I don’t think we could have planned a better time to have his party there.
This last week I made lasagna in our slow cooker. The upside to making it this way would be if you had to be some where an hour or so before dinner and you didn’t have time to prep. You will have to be careful though and not let it cook more than 3 to 4 hours because your noodles could easily dry out. So you want to make sure you make it home in time to turn off your cooker. When I make lasagna I always make sure I let it sit for 15 to 30 minutes on the counter before serving. It needs time to cool in order to cut a nice square or else the insides will run if it’s too hot. Plus the longer you let it sit in its juices the better it gets!
- 2 lbs cooked Italian sausage
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 2 jars marinara sauce
- 1/2 box lasagna noodles
- 1 2lb tub of ricotta cheese
- 2-3 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a little bit of olive oil cook your onions until transparent.
- Brown your Italian sausage with your onions.
- Simmer while preparing the rest of your lasagna.
- Combine ricotta, salt, 1 cup mozzarella, and beaten egg.
- Spray your slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Start layering in your slow cooker starting with the sauce and sausage mix.
- Lay however many noodles you can fit on top of the sauce.
- Add a layer of the cheese mix.
- Then repeat layers: sauce, noodles, cheese three or four times.
- Top with the remaining cheese.
- Cook on low for 3 hours.
You can substitute the onion and marinara sauce and make my homemade spaghetti sauce instead.
Have a blessed and fantastic week!