Hi Friends!! I hope that everyone is doing well. 🙂 I have had a hard and busy past few days and am looking forward to a brand new week. Don’t you hate difficult days when it’s hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel? I know that hard days make good days even better. So, I rejoice in the upcoming good days this week and celebrating with all my loved ones this Friday on Valentine’s Day.
To make our day start out special I am going to make my family one of their favorite breakfast treats. Apple Turnovers drizzled with a delicious cream cheese icing! These are SO easy to make and will become a household favorite! If your family doesn’t enjoy apple pie filling you could substitute it with cherry or peach pie filling. I hope that you enjoy it is much as we do. 🙂
I’d love to hear what your favorite breakfast treat would be if your loved one made something special for you this Friday. 🙂
- Turnover Ingredients
- 1 (17.3 ounce) package frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed (you will find 2 pastry sheets per box)
- 1 can apple pie filling
- Cream Cheese Icing Ingredients
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Turnover Directions
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut your 2 thawed puff pastry sheets into four squares.
- Spoon your apple pie filling onto one side of your square.
- Fold your pastry, that doesn't have the pie filling, onto the top of your pie filling to make a triangle.
- Wet the ends of the pastry just a little bit to seal the edges together.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cream Cheese Icing Directions
- Combine icing ingredients and stir together until you reach your desired consistency for the icing. I like to spoon my icing into a plastic baggy, seal, and cut the end of the baggy to make my own disposable icing bag. ;) I have an icing bag, but that means that's just one more thing to wash! This way I can just make a mess and throw it away! Love it!
- After your turnovers have cooled for a bit drizzle your delicious icing over the top and serve.
- These are so yummy! Enjoy! :)
Here are some other breakfast favorites that you might enjoy as well: