It’s another cold day here in San Antonio and we are trying to stay warm. Today seems to be another soup day for us. This Tortilla Soup is going to really hit the spot. It’s so flavorful and filling. We love the tomato base with the fresh cilantro! You can never have too much cilantro in my opinion! Yummy!! What is your favorite go to soup whenever it is really cold outside?
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed chicken broth
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 cup whole corn kernels, cooked
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 boneless chicken breast halves, cooked and cut into bite-sized pieces
- crushed tortilla chips
- sliced avocado
- shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- chopped green onions
- Heat oil over medium heat.
- Saute onion and garlic until the onion becomes soft and clear.
- Stir in chili powder, oregano, tomatoes, broth, and water. Bring to a boil, and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in corn, chiles, beans, cilantro, and chicken. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Once the soup has warmed through you can top with crushed tortilla chips, avocado slices, cheese, and chopped green onion.