There are some things that you should always have on hand in your panty and those are the ingredients for these brownies. Most of you that bake probably already do have most of these items in your pantry all the time. The unsweetened chocolate is a hit or miss for me, but it’s something I try to remember to pick up at the store. You never know when you might have an unexpected guest pop in or just have a craving for some homemade brownies. I love these brownies!!
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts(optional)
- Grease an 8x8x2 inch baking pan; set aside.
- Melt butter and chocolate over a low heat.
- Remove from heat and stir in the eggs, sugar, & vanilla.
- Using a wooden spoon, beat lightly until it is just combined. Stir in flour & nuts.
- Spread batter in prepared baking dish.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- This recipes makes 24 brownies (for mice!! This recipe only made 9 brownies for my family. We like them pieces big in TX!! :)
Source: Better Homes and Garden Cookbook