One of our favorite breakfasts when I was young and even now is Huevos Rancheros which is Spanish for ranch style eggs. There are many different ways to make the ranchero sauce but today I went with the easy recipe and used an already made salsa. Enjoy!
8 corn tortillas
1 can refried beans (I used Traditional Old El Paso)
salt and pepper to taste
- Pre heat your oven to 250 F.
- Open your can of refried beans and heat on a low setting stirring often. You don’t want your beans to dry out or burn.
- I like to use fresh salsa from the fridge, but don’t want it cold on my eggs so I warm the salsa in a small pan.
- Pour 2-4 tablespoons of oil into a frying pan and heat to a medium heat.
- Fry each corn tortilla until it is slightly brown and a little firm. After each tortilla is done place them in the warm oven to keep warm.
- Fry your eggs to your liking. We like ours over easy.
- To assemble your Huevos Rancheros take a fried corn tortilla, spread with refried beans, place an egg on top, drizzle with salsa, sprinkle with Queso Fresco cheese, and lastly garnish with a little bit of cilantro.
Enjoy your South Texas breakfast!! Have a great day! 🙂