I love the Fall and this here is just one of the reasons. I get to eat pumpkin!! I LOVE pumpkin pie, cookies, bread, cake…. the list goes on and on. Except for soup. I just can’t get into pumpkin soup. Maybe I just haven’t had a good bowl yet… Anyway, I love this pumpkin cake and couldn’t wait to share it with you. I hope you love it too. 🙂
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
1 1/4 cups sugar
3 large eggs
1 cup canned pureed pumpkin
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup milk
2/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons rolled oats
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a loaf pan and line with parchment paper.
- To make the topping, combine 2/3 cup oats, flour, sugar, and cinnamon in processor. Add butter and cut in until crumbly. Transfer mixture to medium bowl. Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons oats. Set to one side.
- Sift the flour, pumpkin spice, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat the butter with an electric mixer until smooth. Gradually beat in the sugar and 1 egg at a time
- Add the pumpkin and vanilla extract to the wet batter mix.
- Gradually beat the dry ingredients into the batter. Slowly add the milk. Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and spread with the topping.
- Bake the loaf cake until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, about 55 minutes. Cool in the pan for 15 minutes.
- Turn the cake out onto a rack and cool completely.