As I have said before my family LOVES pasta dishes and whenever I find a new one we have to try it out. This dish didn’t disappoint us! The sauce is creamy with cheese, tomatoes, and a hint of garlic. So Yummy! I hope that you enjoy it as much as we did. 🙂
1 lb pasta- I used penne, but you could use any shape you like
2 Tbs butter plus 2 tbs olive oil
onion finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup white wine
1 1/2 cups half & half
1 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese, shredded or grated
salt & pepper
bacon, cooked and diced (I used a whole pack)
1 can petite diced tomatoes, drained
fresh Basil leaves, chopped
1. Boil the pasta according to the directions.
2. Melt the butter and olive oil together in a pan and add the onion and garlic. Cook until the onion is tender.
3. Add the wine and cook for a minute or two.
4. Add the half & half, whisking to blend. Stir in the cheese and let it melt.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Toss in the bacon, tomatoes and basil.
7. Drain the pasta then mix it with the sauce.
8. Serve it with extra Parmesan and black pepper if you like. Yum!!
Source: Eat at home cooks