- 4 medium baking potatoes, washed, skins left on
- 8 ounces ground beef, extra lean
- 2 cups broccoli florets, finely chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, low-fat, shredded, divided
- 1/2 cup sour cream, light
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup fat free half and half (or use fat free chicken or beef broth)
- 1 teaspoon Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Pierce potatoes all over with a fork. Place in the oven at 425 degrees F until the potatoes are soft. When cooking is complete, set potatoes aside to cool down enough that the potato can be handled.
- While the potatoes cook, brown meat, onion and minced garlic in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When mixture is completely cooked remove from heat and allow to cool, season with Montreal Steak seasoning mix.
- Put broccoli in a microwave safe bowl, sprinkle with 1 teaspoon water, cover and cook until tender about 2 minutes. Drain the broccoli; add to the meat.
- Once the potatoes are cool enough to handle, carefully cut the potatoes in half. Leaving a 1/4 inch border all around the potato, scoop out the inside into a medium bowl. Place the potato shells in a baking dish.
- Add 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, sour cream, fat free half and half, garlic salt, and freshly ground black pepper to taste to the potato insides and mash with a fork or potato masher. Add half the scallions and all of the broccoli and meat to the potato mixture; stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning if desired.
- Evenly divide the potato mixture among the potato shells and top with the remaining 1/2 cup cheese and sprinkle with the remaining green onions.
- Place back in the oven until the filling is hot and the cheese is melted, 10 minutes.
Source: Nutmeg Notebook