I first wrote about this Chicken Taco Salad almost exactly two years ago! This was one of my first recipes to share on Gloriously Made and is still one of my favorites.
Look at that dressing!! Yum! The creamy chipotle dressing is made with a light sour cream, lime juice, cilantro, and lots of Mexican spices that I LOVE!! The dressing is thick but if you add a little bit of 2% or skim milk it will thin it out some to make it easier to drizzle on your yummy veggies.
For my chicken I bought a rotisserie chicken from our grocery store deli. I bought the original flavored chicken. I didn’t go too fancy this time! 😉 You could easily bake or grill your chicken for this salad if you had some extra time. Seems like we are always in a rush around dinner time at our house and I tend to go for quick and easy.
Chipotle Chicken Taco Salad
Author: Deanna Ritz
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ⅔ cup light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle chile, canned in adobe sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1-2 Tablespoons of milk depending on how thin you want your dressing
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 2 cups chopped roasted skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 2 breasts)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup diced peeled avocado
- ⅓ cup thinly vertically sliced red onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (8¾ ounce) can no-salt added whole kernel corn, rinsed and drained
- In a small mixing bowl combine the cilantro, sour cream, minced chipotle chile's, cumin, chili powder, lime juice, milk, and salt. Whisk well, cover, and set a side.
- Place all of the remaining ingredients onto individual plates.
- Drizzle the Creamy Chipotle Dressing on top of the salad and serve immediately.