This recipe is nice because your whole family will enjoy it. I say this because it is hard finding dishes that all four of my kids will eat and that my husband and I enjoy as well. 🙂 I also season, cook, shred, and freeze chicken ahead of time. This makes at least one step of some of my recipes a lot easier because all I have to do is pull it out of the freeze & thaw and that part is done. Gotta love that!! 🙂
I hope that you enjoy this dish as well. It’s good!
- 1/2 cup chopped onions (to be completely honest, I omit the onions to make it kid friendly but it is still good) 😉
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup milk
- 3 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 1/2 cups cooked macaroni
- 1/4 cup Ritz cracker crumbs
- In a large skillet over med-high heat, saute onions in butter until onions are tender. (if you decide to use).
- Add in soup and 1 1/2 cups cheese; gradually stir in milk.
- Cook over medium heat until cheese melts; stir in chicken and macaroni; taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Transfer mixture to a greased 2 1/2 quart casserole; sprinkle with cracker crumbs.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and bake 5 minutes.