I made this for lunch a couple of Saturday’s ago for my mom and dad and it was a huge hit. The combination of ingredients is delicious!! My family and I give this salad Five stars!! 🙂
- 2 cups uncooked shell pasta
- 1 (1oz) packet Hidden Valley ranch dressing mix
- 1/4 cup bacon bits
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 cups cut-up cooked turkey or 1 1/2 cup chicken
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, cut into fourths
- 1/2 cup julienne strips cheddar cheese
- 4 cups bite-size pieces lettuce
Fill large saucepan 2/3 full of water. Heat to boiling. Stir in contents of pasta.
Gently boil uncovered 15 minutes. Stirring occasionally, until tender.
Drain pasta. Rinse with cold water. Shake to drain well.
Combine Hidden Valley ranch mix, onion powder and bacon bits with mayonnaise in a large bowl. Stir in chilled pasta and remaining ingredients except lettuce. Serve on lettuce. Refrigerate leftovers.