My whole family loved these kabobs!! It is such a good mix of the seasoning on the chicken with the pineapple. Yum!! You could even add some other vegetables onto the skewers but none of my kids would eat them so I didn’t bother this time. 🙂
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves cut into 2 inch pieces
- Fresh pineapple cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup fresh pineapple, chopped into small pieces, juice reserved
1 T Cornstarch
1/4 cup cold water
In a small bowl mix the soy sauce, brown sugar, rice vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, and garlic powder. Pour over your chicken and marinate for 2 hours or more.
Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
Thread the chicken pieces and pineapple onto the skewers. Now, you’re left with some tasty leftover marinade. If you’d like to baste your chicken during cooking, you can make a light basting sauce. In a small sauce pan add the leftover marinade over medium heat, stirring occasionally. While it is heating in a small bowl mix cornstarch and COLD water, once your marinade is bubbling hot, add the cornstarch/water mix. Bring to a boil until thickened and no longer cloudy.
These kabobs are perfect over a bed of rice.
This recipe was modified and adapted from grocerybudget101.com